10.28.2010

Beauty for your ears

I recently experienced a night that I will never forget. I finally saw one of my favorite musicians of all time play live. Jonsi came to Oakland and worked his wonder while my soul melted in sweet elation. His music is absolutely beautiful. Other-worldly. (For those of you who don't know, Jonsi is the lead singer of the Icelandic band Sigur Ros). While listening, my mind was transported back to Iceland, soaking up the majestic mountain landscapes covered in wild lupines. I was back on my mini road trip, in the car, driving through wild swirls of volcanic ash that danced in wide circles. Beautiful. Really.

While I could write in such detail about the emotion that his music invokes, I actually wanted to share with you something else experienced that night. I wanted to share the talents of his opening band. Their name was "Mountain Man" and I really enjoyed them. Check out this video clip of them. Stunning really.

1 comment:

  1. great music. I assume you may have seen this. http://pitchfork.com/news/40610-watch-jonsis-first-and-last-in-store-gig/

    And you should certainly check out this: thedownplayer.com

    ReplyDelete